Practical Info


Unless you are exempt from the visa requirements you are required to have a visa. You must apply for this from the relevant French embassy or consulate in your usual country of residence, before you leave.
General information in English about obtaining a visa to travel in France from the French government website:

Information on student visas and studying in France, and lots of other useful and interesting info about studies in France here.

Student visas exist for longer stay visitors. Please bear in mind you may need a specific visa if you plan on doing internships or training periods in French companies. The Ministère du Travail, de l’Emploi et de la Santé can advise you. A list here of French consular services in different countries.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need assistance.

Health Insurance

Health services are available for students in France as part of the excellent French health system. There are specific health insurance schemes for students. Please contact us directly at MoPA to find out more.

For more advice

If you can visit Arles, our Open Days are a good opportunity to talk to staff and students about living and studying in France.

You can also consult the student testimonials which will tell you more about the student experience.

Visit us on Facebook or see what’s new on our News page.